Build 3D Paper Models at PDB-101
PDB-101 packages together resources that promote exploration in the world of proteins and nucleic acids for teachers, students, and the general public.
Other PDB-101 resources include:
- In addition to paper models, other Educational Resources include posters, animations, and classroom lessons and activities.
- Author Profiles offer historical and educational timelines of the structures associated with a particular researcher. Example profiles and searches for authors and structural genomics centers are available.
- Other Molecule of the Month articles describe the structure and function of a molecule, offer interactive views and discussion topics, and links to specialized pages to help explore specific example structures.
- Structural View of Biology. Built around the Molecule of the Month series, this feature promotes a top-down exploration of the PDB. Readers can travel through high-level functional categories (such as Protein Synthesis and Health and Disease) and descriptive subcategories (like Replication or Immune System) to access relevant articles that describe molecules in simple terms and provide specific examples.
- Understanding PDB Data is a reference to help explore and interpret individual PDB entries. Broad topics include how to understand PDB data, how to visualize structures, how to read coordinate files, and potential challenges to exploring the archive.
To visit PDB-101 from the main RCSB PDB site, click on the blackboard PDB-101 logo or its related widget in the left-hand menu. This view offers easy navigation: select any Molecule of the Month article from the top bar pulldown menu or choose one of the tabs to jump to other sections. Select the blue RCSB PDB logo from the top of the page at any time to return to the main website.